Omved Keshin Thailam Hair Oil* – Rs 540, available at Omvedstore.in & purplle.com
“The Keshin Thailam Healthy Hair Oil is a traditional Ayurvedic preparation for complete hair care with well known hair-stimulating botanicals, infused in Sesame oil, high in minerals and anti-oxidants.
It penetrates deep to:
* Nourish hair and scalp
* Promote long, dark and dense hair
* Prevent greying, dandruff and split ends.
This classical Ayurvedic hair tonic contains Nili – Ayurveda’s primary hair-loss preventive for centuries, Vetiver roots that give lustre, shine and body, Kayyoni/Bhringraj to delay premature greying and control dandruff, Bala to encourage hair growth and prevent hair fall along with over 20 botanicals to nourish and uplift the mind and spirit an as a natural and effective solution for hair care problems. Apply it on the scalp on alternate days to ensure abundant, lustrous, dandruff-free, healthy hair.”
Omved Keshin Thailam Hair Oil* comes in a thick glass bottle, which reminds me of cough syrup. The consistency of oil is like regular hair oils, not thick. It does have a faint ayurvedic smell, which I am sure wouldn’t trouble sensitive noses.
A bit about my hair – Dry, wavy and thick. They are shiny but lack softness.
How I use it
I pour some oil in a bowl, keep it in hot water for couple of minutes, until its lukewarm. Apply on the roots after parting my hair in small sections. I leave the oil for 2-3 hours and wash it with regular shampoo.
I like the fact that it washes off easily without leaving any residue. Also I do not need anything more than 3 spoonful of this oil (i have shoulder length hair), so this one bottle will last me long. I guess 3 months !
Omved Products are natural and chemical free, and I always prefer using as natural as a product can be. You can read more about them here
I have dry hair and it provides them necessary moisturization without making them limp. One thing you all should remember that a therapeutic oil will need more time than any regular oil to show results. You can not and shouldn’t expect miracle in 2 uses. What I liked
- After using it twice a week for 3 weeks I could see volume and shine + my hair look darker than before. I don’t have dandruff and grey hair/ premature greying issues so can not comment as to how effective it would be on those areas. My hair definitely look healthier than before.
- I had bit of hair fall issue maybe due to sudden change in weather or sleeping/ eating habbits and it kind of stopped it. !! “Please note- I do not have severe hair fall problem”
What It lacked
- After using it religiously I was expecting it to do something about texture of my hair i.e. make them softer, but there was negligible improvement. Maybe once I am done with this bottle I could see more results.
- The price can be a deal breaker for some.
If you want to invest into a good therapeutic ayurvedic oil, try Keshin Thailam. You have to use it at regular intervals and show some patience to see the results.
*PR Sample. Review expressed here are 100% honest and unbiased.