Licorice ( Yashtimadhu in sanskirit, Mulethi in hindi) is the most popular skin lightening and repairing Ayurvedic herb.
How to make licorice serum at home:
1. Take 4-5 licorice medium sized root stics that are easily available in Indian stores.
2. Take 2 cups of water and boil it, and then add licorice roots in the boiling water.
3. Let the stics boil with water for 10 minutes on medium flame.
4.Switch off the flame after 10 minutes and let it cool for another 10-15 minutes.
5. Now strain the light yellow colored syrup with the help of a strainer.
6. And your Licorice serum is ready to use.
How to use it:
1. Wash your face and dip a cotton ball or pad in serum and apply it on your skin twice daily like the way you apply your toner. It will dry out in 2-3 minutes and will make your skin little dry. You can always apply your moisturizer on top of it or you can wash your face after keeping the serum for 10 minutes and then apply moisturizer.
2. You can also use it in face pack. You can always mix one tablespoon of licorice serum in your favorite face pack once or twice a week for additional benefits.
Shelf life of Licorice Serum: 8-10 days
Licorice root being an ayurvedic medicine is used in the making of serum in portions. You can always store the serum in a spray bottle or empty bottle and keep it in refrigerator for 8-10 days. After 10 days, you should make a new batch.
- 5 Home made Hair Cleansers (Shampoos)
- 5 Home made Face Masks For Acne Prone Skin
- 5 Home made Face Scrubs For Oily Skin
- 5 Home Made Face Scrubs For Dry Skin