During winters I can not live without a replenishing lip balm. I have dry lips and they become super chapped. I have tried number of options available in market and recently tried…
Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm With Pomegranate Oil-Rs 400,available at Sephora. You can buy it much cheaper from ebay. Burt’s Bees Lipbalms are very famous for their 100% natural formulas. As per their website:
Bring your lips back to beautiful. This replenishing and hydrating natural lip balm is infused with the antioxidant goodness of pomegranate oil. It replenishes moisture to reveal smooth, healthy lips, while it coats them with a hint of color for an even-toned appearance.
Lip Balm has slight tint to it which doesn’t really show up once you apply it on lips. The texture feels like wax, with no shine, no slippery feel. I don’t like the lip balms which make lips overly shiny.
Formula is hydrating. I apply it almost thrice daily and keeps my lips well hydrated. However there is a need for reapplication after every 4 hours as when it wears off lips become bit dry. Only continuous use can keep lips hydrated always. It has faint herbal fragrance, which isn’t overpowering or troublesome. Pros:
- Formula is hydrating, keeps lips hydrated for 4+ hours.
- Its not slippery like other lip balms so makes an excellent base for lipsticks.
- 100% Natural.
- Needs to be reapplied after 4 hours.
- Tint doesn’t show up. It doesn’t even out lips unlike it claims.
- Availability is an issue. Can only be purchased online or for almost double price at Sephora.
- I didn’t find anything ‘Magical’ or “Extra Ordinary” about these and can simply recommend my other favorites e.g. “Maybelline Baby Lips Mango Pie” and “Nivea Lip balms” the regular ones with blue packaging. I love them equally and they don’t cost a fortune.
Burts Bees products are 100% natural that’s what makes them stand out. But if you have to pay 400 bucks for something that is comparable to the other alternatives available in the market, it doesn’t make sense. Girls those dislike super-shiny or slippery feels of the petroleum jelly/ balms will love it due to its matte (almost) and non-slippery formula.
Ratings : 3/5