Monsoon has its own fresh magic that makes you fall in love with it! As long as you are not ruined by the rain, you have all this feeling. This season comes a lot with hair woes and complications. Read on to find out the 5 Hair Care Must Haves For Monsoons
- Gentle Shampoo – Skipping shampooing your hair can prove unhealthy for your mane. Rain brings down the pollution. Dirt and dust get accumulated in your scalp and it irritates the scalp. Things can become worse and lead to severe hair fall issues. To avoid all that, shampoo your hair minimum two times a week. Since you don’t want to imitate your scalp choose only a mild shampoo. Also make sure to dry the hair before tying it up!
- Anti- Frizz Conditioner – Your hair will end up looking like a bird’s nest if you miss this thing after shampooing. After shampooing our hair tends to become dry and it will thrust for moisture. Since the atmosphere is humid, our hair will tend to become even frizzier if no conditioner is used. A conditioner is like a protective layer which helps to lock in the moisture level of the hair. Opt for Anti-Frizz conditioner to get optimal results. This is a hair care must have for me for any season.
- Coconut oil – I can’t stress enough on the importance of oiling the hair! Not only it promotes hair growth, but also restores the moisture level of the scalp. The scalp tends to become dry this season and if no adequate moisture is available for it, it leads to flaking. Further things can even get amplified to dandruff and hair fall. Oiling the hair removes the dullness of hair. So make sure that you oil your hair with coconut oil if you have normal hair. If you have dandruff problem or any other scalp related issues, then add a tablespoon of lemon juice into the coconut oil and then apply into the scalp and hair.
- Hair Serum– A serum makes the detangling of hair pretty easy. The additional benefits are that it keeps the hair manageable and also frizz free. Using a conditioner alone will not help because the rain brings in lot of humidity and pollution. The serum helps to fill in the cuticles and it makes hair look shiny for a very long time.
- Umbrella – Monsoon is all about rain and humidity! Our scalp and hair is to be protected to keep away any bacterial growth on the scalp. Rain brings along dirt, dust and other particles that are suspended in the atmosphere. An umbrella at all times will make sure that the hair and scalp are dry. So this season make sure to keep handy an umbrella with you, all the time!
If your scalp gets wet in some way, make it a point to dry it as soon as possible. Also try not to comb the hair while it is wet, since it will lead to lot of pulling and ultimately hair fall! Hope you find these 5 Hair Care Must Haves For Monsoons useful.
*Written By Aiswarya